Thursday 19 May 2016

Florida November 2015 Recap - Day 9 at Mall at Millenia

I'll be doing a recap for each and every glorious day of our last Disney vacation (14 days worth so in the words of Scar, be prepared)...

As with our last shopping day, we knew we were there to conquer, so we started the day off with a hearty breakfast to fuel us for some vigorous shopping. This time we tried a different iHop at the other side of I-Drive and were treated to a table rather than the counter!






After we'd had our fill, we hit up the Simon Outlet centre also at the opposite side of I-Drive than last time. It was much the same but with some additional stores thrown in for good measure! They had a massive Victoria's Secret that we spent about 12 hours in and got lost in several times - but all worth it for a discounted sports bra. We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping and drinking iced coffee's from Starbucks (brace yourselves, this is only the beginning of the white girl cliches), before we decided to hotfoot it over to the Mall at Millenia for some more upmarket shopping. Also worth noting that I encountered a sales worker in the Fossil shop that had NEVER heard of Scotland. American schools eh? Another fun fact - our taxi driver from the outlet to the mall was the sweetest guy ever, his name was Cesar and he kept showing us photos of his adorable little baby girl. 

When we arrived at the mall, we headed to the front service desk to inquire about special shopping trolleys that Cesar had told us about, 'special' being the operative word. Clearly we were not about to carry all those bags!




We got hella crazy looks from literally everyone we passed by. I'm not surprised, as I can honestly say I've never seen a baby buggy for shopping before. We didn't let the stares get us down, in fact we thought it was the funniest thing ever. Only us! The Mall at Millenia is a really classy centre with a Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and many other shops that were way out of our price range (Cartier anyone?), but the piece de resistance was the Cheesecake Factory! Oh heaven. I would pay the airfare to the states for the Cheesecake Factory alone. I had delicious chicken and mashed potatoes, while Carly had some kind of equally delicious pasta. They were also the hugest portions we'd ever seen!




We were (obviously) far too stuffed to order a dessert...so we opted for some cheesecake to take back to the hotel! I was super sneaky and ordered two slices because I knew I'd want to have a stash to nibble on for the next few days.



I can't remember what exact cheesecakes we got, all I know is that they were a whole mess of chocolate and deliciousness. In fact I'm pretty sure I passed out in a chocolate cheesecake coma that night. Bliss.


¡Por favour manténgase alejado de las puertas!

No comments:

Post a Comment